Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I'd like to open a filed designed PC How do I do thi

Customer Question

I'd like to open a filed designed for a PC How do I do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What exact type of file are you trying to open ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the disc is called Condonics and is a disc used my the medical profession

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i don't know!

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. You can find the version number there. It should be like Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9,10.10 etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mac osx version 10.6.8

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
What is the exact error are you getting when you open that application ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when I click on each section it comes up as gobbledygook and is unclear

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am told I need to down load a programme of some kind to access the information.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Mac OS X doesn't support windows applications natively. You have to install Windows operating system on your Mac to run that PC application or any applications designed for PC (Windows). You can buy and install Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 on your Mac and run the Condonics application.
There are two ways to install Windows on your Mac. You can install Microsoft Windows with the help of VMWare applications like Parallels/VMWare Fusion OR with Apple Bootcamp.
BootCamp installs Windows on Mac directly by partitioning the Hard Disk. You can't use Mac OS X and Windows at the same time. To switch between Windows or Mac, you have to restart and select Windows OS or Mac OS X partition to boot into it to. Bootcamp is from Apple and it is free.
If you installed Windows on your Mac using the Parallels or VMware appplication, then you can load Windows by opening that application. With Parallels you can run Windows and Mac OS at the same time. The best advantage is, you don't need to restart your Mac to switch between the Windows and Mac. Both can be run at same time. So you can run that Condonics application along with your Mac.
I think it'd be better to install Windows on your Mac using Parallels or VMWare Fusion.
Parallels Desktop 10 ($79.99) : http://www.parallels.com/
VMWare Fusion 7 ($79.99) : http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/
Buy either Parallels or VMWare, then you have to buy Microsoft Windows. Windows 8.1 is the latest.
You can buy Windows 8.1 from here : http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-8.1/productID.288401200
Buy Windows as discs instead of downloading online as that'd better because you can install Windows easily using discs.
Installing Windows with Parallels or VMWare is pretty easy. Open that application and follow the onscreen instructions. After installing Windows, you can install and use that condonics application.
If you have any questions or would need any further help, please don't hesitat to ask and I will be happy to follow up with you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the advice, Sound spretty complicated to me. Maybe I'll try it some time, Is this part of my Free time as I do not anticipate any other assistance.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Lynda, I'm not sure about that. I don't have any access to your to check that. You can contact the JustAnswer support ([email protected]) to know about that.
If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me positively as Good or Excellent service.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have clicked on Excellent so I hope this has gone through

Lynda

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
It has. Thank you very much Lynda. Have a great day,Ashik