Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am unable to get onto the internet on my ipad. Hence I cannot

I am unable to get onto the internet on my ipad. Hence I cannot access Face Time, Face Book etc It keeps saying there is a problem with the server. My computer is working. please bear in mind you will be responding to a techno idiot! What do I need to do? Thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Can you open websites from Safari ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how do I do that?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Open Safari application your iPad, goto any websites like www.google.com and does it open ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it says safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Also, goto Settings tap WiFi and do you see any network connected there ? If connected, there should be a tick mark next to the network name
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes there is

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. This will reset it. Then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Once you did that, go to Settings > WiFi and reconnect it to your WiFi network. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you ...magic. it has worked

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad that worked and you're most welcome :) If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated. Have a great day,Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you. You too. I appreciate your help. I do not need to sign up for the monthly deals. I hope by contacting you for this one off help, that I have not committed myself to monthly payments. thank you again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You can cancel the subscription from here if any -- > http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscription
Have a great day,
Ashik