Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My computer works on Windows 8.1 and have enjoyed downloading

My computer works on Windows 8.1 and have enjoyed downloading iTunes tracks over a long period. I have used various tracks with Pinnacle 16 to make movies and this has worked well until recently when I found that my iTunes tracks were no longer available and a notice appeared stating that the tracks could not be found as they had been moved. A way of reconnecting is given but does not work.I notice that in my music folder the tracks are marked with a red circle containing a white cross and I get the same information that the file has been moved. Is there any way in which the files can be reconnected please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Do they play ok in iTunes?

Customer:

Yes

Mike the Mac Medic :

Go to iTunes / File / Library / Organize Library and check Consolidate files

Customer:

I have followed advice but there is no improvement and I must close now. If you can think of anything else, I would be glad to know. Thank you for trying. William

Mike the Mac Medic :

That puts all your Music in the proper folder you are looking in Music which I don't understand your iTunes music is not in Music it is in Music / iTunes / Media

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** be causing some confusion. If I follow Music \ iTunes \ iTunes Media \ Music, I find a text file, the only one that I have in iTunes, relating to Andre Previn and the London Symphony orchestra, which will not open as it is a text file. My route to iTunes music files is;-Music \ iTunes \ itunes library.itl this brings up all my iTunes music. I hope that I have clarified somewhat.