Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I use a Mac OSX 10.7.5. Several years ago I had problems

Customer Question

I use a Mac OSX 10.7.5. Several years ago I had problems with accessing Pages so I have managed since with TextEdit. I even took my Mac to Bluewater but the problem reappeared. I am now trying to produce a 16 page booklet so thought I would try Pages again. Yesterday was successful and I completed 2 pages. Today I tried to open yesterdays work but all I found were blank pages but with 507 and 154 words indicated at the bottom left. But the pages were blank !!!!!!! I tried also today to open up a new page to start work with. Yes, it opens up but there is no bar to indicate where to start the adding the text. This is exactly the problem I had before. Is there anyone out there that can help, please ? My landline number is ***** XXXXXX. I would prefer a call to talk through the problem John XXXXX

Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi John,

Pete :

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your Pages question.

Pete :

This is a common problem when running Pages on some versions of OS X

Pete :

To resolve it, try deleting all of the cache files in the ~/Libary/Caches folder, & empty the trash.

Pete :

If you get a message that some files are in use, restart the Mac and finish the trash disposal.

Pete :

Then start up Pages and try again :)

JACUSTOMER-r5ljmyco- :

Hi Pete.

Pete :

Hi there

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not getting anywhere with my problem. I have no idea what and where the Library/Caches folder is. I have emptied trash but that has not

solved the problem.

\ have so far spent over £50 to no avail.

John XXXXX

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G or click on the Go menu, selecting Go To Folder. In the resulting field, type or paste ~/Library/Caches/ as discussed. This will bring up the folder that contains the user caches.
Once there, delete all of the files and empty the trash.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yesterday I had a download come through I assume from yourself or

JustAnswer. It appears to have solved the problem, thank goodness.

John XXXXX

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
Glad to hear all is sorted!
Best,
Pete.