Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Have MacBook Pro About 2 weeks ago lost inbox and now have

Customer Question

Have MacBook Pro About 2 weeks ago lost inbox and now have lost outbox in mail My ISP is Plus net Have contacted them and checked no problem with contact Also rest of Mac working online
Have you changed anything in Mail which affects my Plusnet
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Are you using the Apple Mail application?

Mike the Mac Medic :

If so please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : OS X Yosemite version10.10.2
Mike the Mac Medic :

Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Where is apple menu
Mike the Mac Medic :

the Apple Logo to Restart

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Now verifying and repairing partition map for APPLE SSD SD128F Media
Mike the Mac Medic :

Ok but also Verify the first indented item

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Are you there
Mike the Mac Medic :

Yes

Mike the Mac Medic :

So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Have highlighted indented Macintosh HD NOTHING HIGHLIGHTED ON RHS do you want me to highlight the OS X Base system?
Mike the Mac Medic :

What is RHS? Ok so Macintosh HD Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Right hand side nothing in green
Mike the Mac Medic :

Not on the right hand

Mike the Mac Medic :

When you run Verify Disk in the results??

Mike the Mac Medic :

It will say the disk is OK in green type

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Now in green the volume OS X BaseSystem appears okay
Mike the Mac Medic :

Not the Base System Macintosh HD

Mike the Mac Medic :

Anyway if that is ok restart and open Terminal in Applications / Utilities copy and paste this line then hit Return then try Mail: rm ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail/Container.plist

Mike the Mac Medic :

I made an offer to connect by remote

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Yes do you mean team viewer?
Mike the Mac Medic :

Not Teamviewer but similar

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : Fine
Mike the Mac Medic :

You have to Accept the offer.

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : I accept
Mike the Mac Medic :

No there is a button do you see it?

JACUSTOMER-wmdpi9ew- : I cannot see a button
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I sent it again
Do you see it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy with expert
You have to Accept the offer
Are you there?
Do you still need help you never answered my question?