Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My MacBook Air Laptop (OS 10.8.5) and my new Samsung black

Customer Question

My MacBook Air Laptop (OS 10.8.5) and my new Samsung black M288X laser printer are both successfully connected to my home BT wifi.
( I can access internet from the MacBook Air and I can wirelessly print on the M288x from my old iPad and from my iPhone 5S,all three devices using the home wifi).
The lap top identifies the printer by name and the printer says it is online but when I try to wirelessly print from the laptop it says the printer is not on line and printing fails.
If I connect the lap to the printer by USB cable everything works.
I have updated all my Apple software on the laptop using Apple automatic updates.
Many thanks for your help.
Khalill
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Johnny Mack :

Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Please follow the steps below.

Johnny Mack :

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.

2. Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.

3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. Then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

Johnny Mack :

Then add your printer again ( this will reinstall the driver). Once you do this print a test page.