Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My MacAir worked perfectly well on Thursday, and I left it

My MacAir worked perfectly well on Thursday, and I left it on charge overnight as I always do. However, on Friday morning, even though the charge light showed green, my MacAir is as dead as a DoDo, and will not turn on. Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
We can reset the SMC of your Macbook Air. First press and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds and this will force turn it off if it is in sleep or frozen.
Then follow the steps below to reset the SMC (System Management Controller) of your Mac.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Please let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still not working
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Press and hold down the Power button for 20 seconds. Then wait 1 minute and then hold down Power button for 2 seconds. Does it turn on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm hoping it will be OK. The charge light is on orange, so it seems the green light showing before was a faulty signal, so to speak. I'm hoping once this new charge (from orange to green) is complete, all will be restored! Does this sound possible to you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I too hope so. Orange means it is charging and green indicates it's charged. But it is supposed to be turned on even if it is charging. Can you reset the SMC one more time ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh dear, no that didn't work. I suppose I have to wait until the green light turns on and then start again, or can you think of something else?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
One more thing. Do a PRAM and NVRAM Reset. Press and hold down Command, Option, P and R keys and turn it on. Keep the key held down for 5 seconds and Do you hear any sounds ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I held those keys down together for 5 secs, no sounds heard.......
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Marian, I'm afraid the power supply or logic board has failed. It is supposed to be turned on by now. There is nothing more we could try now. SMC and PRAM reset are the only hardware reset methods. If that didn't work, then you will have to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed.
I'm really sorry that I couldn't solve your problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Marian, let it charge for 1 or 2 hours and then try to turn it on. I really hope it will turn on. If not, then you will have to take it to the Apple Store.
You can make appointment to the Apple store from here --> http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/hk/en/techsupport/