Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Apple ipad full battery suddenly died and now won't switch

Apple ipad full battery suddenly died and now won't switch back on or do anything
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please plug the iPad to the computer.
Then on the iPad hold the home and power button and tell me if it now comes on this way please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard.... think I have wasted your time today my other half left the leads at home !!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok Janet!
I have marked this question to never close. So when you have the lead, connect it to the computer and hold the home and power button and nearly always it will started again.
If it does not, just send me a message here. There is no time limit on this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also tried plugging the ipad to the computer and held buttons down still nothing ....done last night by partner

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
And there was no response on the screen at all? No lights at all showed Janet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing since saturday evening

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Janet, that confirms the problem
It is the internal mainboard in the iPad that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the iPad to have it replaced as this is a hardware fault. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.