Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

It would appear that I have picked up a virus on my iMac, which

Customer Question

It would appear that I have picked up a virus on my iMac, which has locked my Safari application and is asking me for £100 to unlock it. How can I resolve this, as clearly it is a scam ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The latest version, whatever that is

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Robert, you are right. That is a SCAM message. Don't call anyone or don't buy any service/products from them.
Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.
Then disconnect the WiFi from your Mac (or disconnect the internet/airport), open Safari and the webpage will not load. Click on Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari. Connect it back to WiFi. This will get rid of all traces of that website.
Then download, run and scan your Mac with this application, AdwareMedic ---> http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php
This will find and remove all adwares/malwares from your Mac if any.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.