Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Since the recent iPad upgrade I find there is now a flash player

Since the recent iPad upgrade I find there is now a flash player - great. Since downloading Yosemite and also the latest upgrade on my iMac I cannot find the Adobe flash player. re- downloading it makes no difference. I have followed all the advice in the adobe forums, where there seem to be hundreds of other people having the same problems.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What happens on the mac when you go to Youtube and try to view a video?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That appears to work. It was when viewing Jackie Lawson greeting cards that I first found this problem. Another site also, but I can't remember now what it was.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thats not the computer but the actual sites Cindy,
If you can view a Youtube film, which uses Flash, your computer is fine, its the website that has the problem and you need to tell them so they can correct it on their side. But your Flash installation is perfectly ok else it would have failed with the test we just did.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, but where is the flash which is working the Utube videos? I can't see it in my application/ library etc.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You don't its not an App like that, its a plug in for internet browsers.
You only know it works by testing it on a site such as youtube which uses Flash to display the videos.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I understand that, but why should it have happened to me ( and clearly lots of other people) when I had not changed the Adobe flash player in any way and I had upgraded to Yosemite - as had all the others who are on the adobe forums

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
because the problem is not on your computer, but on the site itself Cindy, your computer is working correctly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ah well, such is life, you go for years with no problem and then when you have one no one can solve it. thank you anyway.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It can be solved, it just needs to be done by the website owners as they have the problem not you Cindy