Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have mislaid passcode iPad Air. I normally enter with

I have mislaid passcode for my iPad Air. I normally enter with touch recognition.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Paul! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this the 4-digit passcode?

Besides the iPad, do you also have a windows or mac computer? If yes, do you have the iTunes program installed / working on the computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the 4 digit passcode.

Yes I have a Windows lap top with I-tunes installed

Thank you. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on your computer.
  2. Press & hold the Power button on the iPad until it lets you slide to turn off, then slide to turn off.
  3. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  4. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset in the iTunes program on the computer.

Please let me know if you are able to get the factory restore / reset option. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks - sorted!!

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience