Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I'm getting Startup Disk Full on my MacBook Air version 10.7.5 I'm

I'm getting Startup Disk Full on my MacBook Air version 10.7.5
I'm sure there are plenty of duplicate files and rubbish, but MacKeeper tells me I'm 100% Excellent. What to do next?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
MacKeeper is not so helpful for this as you still need to delete large files to free up space.
What you need to do you can do in Finder.
Open Finder
Open the “View Options” window by using Command + J (or by clicking the Action Button and choosing “Show View Options“)
Tick the “Calculate all sizes” box.
By sorting the view by file size, you could see which ones are the biggest culprit and you will need to look at removing or acrhiving it off the computer.
Also make sure to empty your Trash.
Then check your Disk memory if there is now a large amount of free space and you should not get the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do I use in the Finder menu? I can't find the 'options' button. Sorry..being a bit dumb. G

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You do it in Finder by using Command + J (or by clicking the Action Button and choosing “Show View Options“)
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please