Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I have just been given an IPad Mini and when it asks

I have just been given an IPad Mini and when it asks for a Password ***** give the one at the back of my router. It does not like this and then it gets stuck. Can you help please!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Hello there! Please follow the steps below to reset your network settings then you should be able to connect to your router.

1. From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > Reset.
  2. Tap Reset Network Settings.
  3. Enter the 4-digit passcode.
  4. Tap Reset Network Settings. Then after reset attempt to connect to your wifi.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is the point of me getting in touch! I cannot get to the home screen to reach settings etc. How do I do that. I just click on the button in the top right hand corner and it immediately comes up asking me for a password ***** when I put the number in from my router, it says it does not like it.

Sorry about that if it asking for a password ***** the homepage then it wants the users password ***** the wifi. You can do the following to bypass that.

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present. Then restore with itunes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have plugged the device into my computer with a USB cable and did I you said. It initially came up with the Apple logo and has now gone back to the blank black screen. I will try again when I have finished typing.

Please be precise when doing the steps above. ill be here just take your time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry, I am sure you are trying to help me but now the ipad has gone blank altogether and I cannot get anything on it now at all. I am going to have to ask a friend to come to me to help me sort it out. Thank you for your help - do I still have to pay £26 as the matter isn't sorted it it. Thank you.

You dont all i ask is that you rate this response and ill make sure customer service contacts you.