Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

when i try to payoff my credit card with my account, as soon

when i try to payoff my credit card with my account, as soon as I access the drop down list to pick which account - my ipad drops to the home screen. It does the same thing with another drop list to view individual direct debits. this could cause me to not meet my monthly repay date. I updated to 8.3 a few days ago. no problems before that.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
If that didn't work, then delete the application and redownload it from App Store.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried your suggestion and the problem is still there. I am accessing my on line banking ( which i have been doing for about 5 years) via Safari. any drop down list access exits Safari back to home screen. looks like a fault in ios 8.3. I notice several other users are having the same problem and their comments appear on the bank's problem notices.
John
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Goto Settings > Safari. Tap Clear History and Website Data. Try it now. Did that work ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried that but still drop down lists in Safari fail.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Then it is the website that is not compatible with updated Safari/iOS version. Unsupported codes in the site causes Safari to crash.
Can you download another browser and try the bank's site in it ? You can try Chrome as it is one of the best browser and you can download it from App Store.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried Chrome and it worked. Problem looks to be Safari in ios 8.3.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Or it could be the website. When they update the website, it will work with Safari. If it is with Safari, then the next update from Apple will fix it.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me positively as Good or Excellent service.
Have a great day,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Surely its up to Safari to deal with the problem just as Chrome does. How does the Bank know that its website is not compatible with The latest version of Safari? if there are illegal codes then surely Safari should test for them.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Some websites are not compatible with Apple's safari. Bank's Web admins will constantly update the websites to make it compatible with latest browsers and OS. They have information of all new browsers, softwares, OS etc.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
The site admins will contentiously test web browsers on different platforms to patch security exploits, bugs etc. If they found this compatibility issue, they will patch it. Or if it is Safari issue, Apple will fix it in their next update.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So how is the Bank or Apple alerted to the problem. We know there is a problem with Safari because Chrome works. Apple should fix Safari to perform the same as Chrome. Apple specializes in software - the Bank specilizes in Banking.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
For Apple, you can send them feedback here --> https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html
Not sure if you bank provide any feedback system. When you provide the feedback, they will implement necessary fixes,
Safari is just a web browser, it can only open what is actually designed. If the site has bugs, it may crash the browser or prevent the page from loading. When you design websites, you have to design it for all browsers available. You can't just design it for one or two browsers like Chrome and expect to work for others. The developers/designers will have to test the designed website with all browsers. It is usual to have some bugs/glitches overlooked and they will fix it next release/update when they get enough feedback about it.
We just don't know whether it is with Safari or with the banking site. It could be one or two lines of code that get executed when you click the dropdown causing Safari to quit. You have to wait until Apple release new update or bank update the site for Safari. I can't tell for sure which one has problem.