John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have increased my storage ICloud but still cannot download

Customer Question

I have increased my storage ICloud but still cannot download anything. Just keeps saying that I do not have enough storage and that I can manage storage in Settings. This is what I did for £6.99 a month. Can you explain what it is that I am doing wrong? Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
iCloud storage is used for items that are stored online such as documents, backups, synced data. It does not increase the storage space on the iPad itself where Apps are downloaded.
Tap Settings
Tap General
Tap Usage
Under "STORAGE" make note of the amount used and the amount available. It's like the amount available is quite small in your case.
Tap Manage Storage and you will see a listing of your Apps and the amount of space they consume.
Tap on ones you no longer use and select "Delete App". to remove them.
If you have a lot of other content on the iPad such as music or videos then you may need to remove some of that, as well.
If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.
Thanks and good luck,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is saying that I have 489GB available but when I try to download apps it tells me that I do not have enough storage to do it?
Hi again, It sounds like you are still looking under the wrong section. On the Usage page you have three sections: BATTERY, STORAGE, and ICLOUD. You need to look at the STORAGE section and not ICLOUD.John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in storage. I have no music, films etc on my IPad. I am simply trying to download a solitaire card game and it keeps telling me that I do not have enough storage. It tells me how to increase storage space which is what I did.
I'm sorry this is probably frustrating for you but iPads do not have 500GB of local storage. You are finding that number under iCloud and that is the wrong section.Please tell me the numbers underSTORAGE:Used:Available:John
This might be easier for you ;
Tap Settings
Tap General
Tap About
Look for Capacity and tell me what it says.
Then look for Available and provide that number.
Thanks,
John