Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Do you provide support/advice on I Phones ?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
How long did you hold down the power and home buttons ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For about 10-15 seconds - do I need to hold down for longer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
No, that is enough. Call your iPhone and do you hear it ringing ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No nothing heard - it just rings then goes to voice mail

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
That means the display is fine. The phone is completely powered off. Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB cable, wait 20 minutes. Then hold down both Power and Home button at same time for 20 seconds and does your computer recognize it ?
(Don't rate the answer anything yet. Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing on computer (although am at work not at home) but phone screen now requesting connection to I Tunes which is some progress. Will connect to I Tunes when I am at home later - will it need to run back up or just refresh ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
That is a good sign. You don't need to connect to iTunes now. Disconnect it from your computer (also remove the USB cable from the iPhone) and hold down both Power and Home buttons UNTIL it shows the Apple logo. Then let it boot. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Ashik, all now come on ok. Thanks again for your help.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You're most welcome and glad I could help you :)
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.
Have a great day,
Ashik