Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My iPad won't let me update my billing info so I can't

My iPad won't let me update my billing info so I can't update any of my apps
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nadine! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you try to update your billing info on the iPad? Is there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried buy some coins on a game, don't do that sort of thing often. I have recently moved house so my billing address is different now. When I try to buy it comes up with the account sheet and in red says there is a problem with my payment method and to choose another. I think it is the billing address is the problem

Can you go to Settings app icon, then select option iTunes & App Store

, then tap on your Apple ID account, then tap on View Apple ID and sign in your apple account if prompted

, then tap on Payment Information option

, then let me know what happens when you try to update there. Tap on Done when finished.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just say my payment has been declined and when I go in to it again it has reset my address ect back to the old address
Sorry, can you make sure all the correct information that is currently on your card, such as full name, street address, phone number, expiration date, etc., and the correct security code numbers at the back of the card? If needed, do you have another card you can try? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried putting all that in, but it just resets it back, yes I have another card I can use but I don't know how to add it.
Sorry, to add another card, after tapping on Payment Information, then tap on the card type of that other card (Visa, or MasterCard, etc.)
, then tap on the right of Card Number, and if it shows the current card number, then tap on the x key on the keyboard, then type in the new card number, and continue entering all other information, then tap on Done at the top.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just gone through the info again with a fine tooth comb, and realised that there was a spelling mistake , changed that and it has worked now.
Many thanks would not have noticed it without you.
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience