Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

IMac screen has turned white. No date on it. Sharp beeping.

Customer Question

IMac screen has turned white. No date on it. Sharp beeping. Turned off then on after 30 minutes. Screen white blank and beeping.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Is it continuously beeping or have any specific pattern ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
How many beeps can you hear ? 1, 2, , 4 or 5 ?
I need to know the number of beeps as each conveys different message.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 beeps in groups
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to be honest with you. The BEEPS sound usually indicates a hardware problem. Three beeps indicates RAM problem. The RAM of your Mac is either damaged or loosened. Take out the RAMs from your Mac, clean them and put them back.
Refer this article : https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1547
If you've more than 1 RAM module, then try installing only one and see if you can boot your Mac with it. If not, try to boot with the other one. This should help us to find out the problem RAM.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I simply do not have the expertise to remove ram or even know what it looks like! Do I take Mac to engineer. Chances of saving manuscripts?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Actually, only the RAM is damaged/failed. By 3 beeps your Mac is telling you that the RAM module is physically damaged.
All other components like logic board, hard disk etc should be fine. So you will not lose anything from your Mac. All your data are safe.
If you take it to the Apple Store, they will replace the RAM and it should only cost under $150 unless you want to upgrade to high capacity RAM.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.
Have a great day,
Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You can make appointment for Apple store from here --> https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action?caller=rcon&locale=en_US
Best Regards,
Ashik