Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My apple 4s has a problem connecting to internet hubs. It can

Customer Question

My apple 4s has a problem connecting to internet hubs. It can recognise the hub, and asks for the code but can go no further. What di I need to do to fix this problem?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was the Apple 4s iPhone working previously with your hub?

Is the phone able to work with any other wireless network name at anywhere else?

Do you know your wireless/Wi-Fi password/code?

What did the shop try? What did they say?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the phone was working,
It will not work with any other wireless network
Yes, I know the wireless/wi-fi password/code
I think the shop tries another wireless connector? Or what you call it!
Have you or the shop tried this: Please go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know
That's okay. Can you try my previous suggestion now, then let me know the result? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itried that, put in passcode but no connection
When you put in passcode, then connect, then what does it show? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just asks for passcode again
Does it give any error or message also?

Does the Internet / Safari work on the iPhone when it's connected to cellular?

Do you know to check / confirm your wireless / Wi-Fi password?

What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Safari works
Not sure what you mean by check/confirm/wi-fi password
Yes windows vista or 7 and it works
What's the model of your internet/wireless modem/router device?

Is your computer connected to the modem/router device with a cable? Or is it wireless?

On your computer, please click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then tell me the Windows version it shows there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT hub 5
Computer connected by wireless
Windows vista
Please disconnect the power cord from the BT hub 5 for a couple of minutes, then reconnect.

And please check the wireless key at the back/bottom of the BT hub 5 (it is case-sensitive), then try connecting to Wi-Fi again on the iPhone.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not finding the hub now
I'm sorry, is another wireless device, such as a laptop or tablet, currently working with the hub wireless?

Please try this again: go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted. Then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and see if it finds the hub.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has not found the hub
I'm sorry. If you have another wireless device, such as a laptop or tablet, does it find the hub?

Does the phone find the neighbor's wireless network, if any?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
My phone has found the hub, I have entered password ***** get the message unable to join the network followed by my hub number
Did it say "Unable to join the network" previously also?

Do you also have a windows or mac computer? If yes, can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check / troubleshoot your hub's wireless settings directly through your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Is it a windows or mac computer? Or what's the brand/model of your computer? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am talking to you through my IPad using a wireless connection, so my hub is working properly
I know, but we are checking the password/key to confirm, and sometimes a specific settings need to be set up on the hub in order for it to be compatible with the old iphone models. Besides the iPad, do you also have a windows or mac computer?

Do you know how to log in the hub?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok yes computer runs whdows vista

Can you please go to your email on the windows vista computer in order to communicate with me via this web page on the windows vista computer?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,