Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a conflict with names showing on my email

hi I have a conflict with names showing on my email account. My name is***** The name on the amount was originally Gehan XXXXXXXX. I have managed to change the name on my iCloud, on my computer + on my iPhone. It hasn't worked on my iPad. I have changed the name physically, in settings,but the mail still reads from Gehan XXXXXXXX, and then my email address:***@******.*** any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Susan! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Where is the wrong name showing on the iPad? Is it in a particular app?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no. it shows up on my email address as though it was sent from that name instead of mine. Even though the email address is mine. The name belongs to my friend who bought the pad for me ... its not an unknown name.. yesterday was at the mac store and the iPad had to be reset ... now i have this problem..

Does this issue only occur when using email?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Are you using the app called Mail for email? Or do you use any other app?

Do you mean when you send an email message to someone, it shows the wrong name? Is it in the signature of any email message that you've sent? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can i send you a screen shot?

Yes, you can use the paperclip icon on this web page to attach screenshots, or upload the screenshot file at the website below, then tell me the ID number it shows:
http://wikisend.com/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did you get it?

I just got it. Did you do this:

- Go to Settings -> iCloud -> your account, then edit / change the name there.

- If needed, go to Settings > Mail, Contact, Calendars -> iCloud -> your account, then edit / change the name there.

- If needed, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no ...it didn't work ... still reads from Gehan XXXXXXXX

I'm sorry. Can you go to Settings -> iCloud, then tap on "Sign out" at the bottom, then sign in and check. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yay! that worked

thank you

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience