Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Login to gmail on iphone 5 - message says: The email address

Login to gmail on iphone 5 - message says: The email address does not match your account
I have a gmail account and access this fine on my Mac desk top.
There seems to be a change since I registered onto you tube.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you on your computer click on my link below please
http://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
Sign in if needed, then click continue.
Then on the iPhone try again and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Followed your instructions, Its exactly the same: "The email address you entered does not match your account".

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've paid £20 and I'm in the same position - I CANT ACCESS MY EMAILS ON MY IPHONE!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi Paul
Can you go please to Settings, Mail and press on your Gmail account there
Then press on Delete Account.
Once done, can you please hold the power and home button on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Let the iPhone restart
Go to Settings, Mail and add the gmail account again back to the phone then try to send and receive emails
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I will try that, however there is a prompt that says deleting this account will remove notes, contacts & calendars from the iphone.

Will all that data be retained on my imac, if so will I be able to re-sync when iphone account restored? Hope this makes sense.

Paul.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard, did you see my last message, I would love a response to this so I can resolve.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard, Where is my answer / response - you have gone silent, don't be shy, please explain. My last question was reasonable, I thought.

Looking to hear soon!

Paul.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Paul, it was 4 hours later you replied and I was not online then.
I am now, and yes its ok to proceed. It wont effect the mac and when you add it again the data is back
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Hooray! This has worked, thank you very much. However I'm perplexed as to how it happened.

Regards,

Paul.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
A setting was corrupted Paul, it happens and thats why you need to readd it.
It will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.