Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do i set my mac back to factory settings before i pass

How do i set my mac back to factory settings before i pass it on
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac os x are you using on it now ? Click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Ashik My answer is] 10.6.8 processor 2.66 ghz intel core 2 duo. mem.2.gb1067mhzddr3.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs came with your Mac or the 10.6 installation discs ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You can erase the hard drive by booting into Mac OS X discs and then install a fresh version of Mac OS X on it.
Insert the Mac OS X disc 1 to your Mac. Then Restart your Mac and immediately hold down C key for 10 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Installation screen. From there click on Utilities menu and click Disk Utility. In Disk Utility select your hard disk in the left column. Click on Erase tab. Under Erase select Mac OS X Journaled and click Erase button. This will erase the hardware completely.
Then close it and follow the onscreen instructions to Reinstall Mac OS X. It will take upto 2 hours to reinstall the OS X.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Ashik, one last question, where do i get a mac osx disc from?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Every Mac that came with 10.6 version should have also came with the OS X discs too. Check the box of your Mac. Did you find it ?
If not then you have to buy them. You can buy it from here --> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
You can also take it to the Apple Store and they will erase it and install a fresh version. Let me know if you need any help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you ashik for your help, i am sure that i can achieve my goal, and get into this computer . great service from you. best wishes. Finbarr.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

You're most welcome :)

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me positively as Good or Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Also, add a bookmark of this page, so if you ever need my help again, you can get back to me directly via the bookmark.

Best Regards,

Ashik