Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have an Apple MacBook Air 13". Please can you tell me how

I have an Apple MacBook Air 13". Please can you tell me how to copy a page of Bing maps (from the Internet) onto a word document in my computer. I should add that the word document is Microsoft Word which I imported into my MacBook. I could do this on my previous Microsoft computer by pressing 'Print Screen' which allowed me to do a 'screen grab'.
Looking forward to your advice with many thanks
Nigel Richards
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this on the Mac, please do the following
Go to the map
Press Command (⌘)-Shift-4. ...
Move the crosshair pointer to where you want to start the screenshot.
Drag to select an area. ...
When you've selected the area you want, release your mouse or trackpad button. ...
Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
Then you insert the .png file into your word document.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll try out your instructions now. I was hooping not to be charged as I took out a 3 year AppleCare Protection Plan when I bought my MacBook last year. Is there anything that you can do about this?

Nigel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Nigel,
We are a paid service for which you already made the deposit. I am only compensated by this for the service I provided you. Are you now saying you want a refund on this service and your not willing to pay me for providing you the answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard, Sorry, I hadn't realised that you are a paid service and that I've only paid the deposit. So I'm very happy to pay you!

I've tried to follow your advice and have pressed Command - Shift - 4 which produces a small circle with cross-hairs. I can move this round the Bing map screen but I can't select an area. When I press the track-pad the circle and cross-hairs just disappear. Please help!

Nigel

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you need to drag the area you want to copy,
This film will show you this Nigel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89GA6a4lAn4
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.