Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Cant get my MacBook to start. Tried the options of starting

Customer Question

cant get my MacBook to start. Tried the options of starting holding D key, shift key, CMD and R and all have the same outcome - a long wait then a grey folder with a white question mark. Not having an install disk I don't know what to try next.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you disconnect everything from the Macbook, including power cable, memory sticks, printers, external monitor, keyboards and then try to turn it on.
Let me know please what then happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Can you reply to your original question here please?