Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Have a disc with camera instructions on it how do I play it

Have a disc with camera instructions on it how do I play it on my Apple mac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Which type of Mac is this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Apple mac desk top

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
iMac ? If so, when did you buy this Mac ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

imac bought June(?) 2014

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
The newest model iMac (2012 and later models) doesn't have an inbuilt DVD Drive. Your Mac came without a DVD drive.
You have to buy external DVD drives if you want to play CD/DVD on your Mac. You can buy any external DVD drives and all will work.
Here is one from LG --> http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Portable-External-GP50NB40/dp/B00AWRTXVS/ref=zg_bs_1292113011_1
There are so many external DVD drives out there. You can buy any model you want and all models will work on your Mac. These are plug and play devices. All you have to do is connect to your Mac and put the disc in to the external drive and your Mac will recognize it. No extra software or driver is needed.
Here is the external DVD drive from Apple --> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD564LL/A/apple-usb-superdrive
The one from Apple is costly, so you can buy other brands like LG, Samsung, Verbatim etc as they are much cheaper.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

imac bought June 2014

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Beatrix, Did you get my previous reply ?