Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

My iPad has locked .I know my apple password ***** id but I think

Customer Question

My iPad has locked .I know my apple password ***** id but I think it requires my i cloud id which I have lost !
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The apple ID is your iCloud ID, its the same account.
Is this what you have been trying to enter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will have to reset the iPad then, there is no other way to remove this.
It will remove all data and return it to new but you cannot avoid this.
To do the reset
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has never locked before and I do not use locking device. Do you know why this has happened ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Someone set the lock on it John or the memory has faulted, only two reasons for this.
We will know which once you do my instructions I gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.. i pad was recently dropped,would that have caused it ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes that is possible as the dropped may have damaged the memory, but you know once you do my instructions.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. Am now restoring as advised.Will let you know outcome

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Carried out instruction BUT i pad still giving same response.......[email protected] be used to un lock this iPad

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
did the password ***** to new John? As it would have if the instructions I gave where followed so it would have made it a new ipad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. I cannot view any page on iPad except Activate iPad

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then it did not reset, can you attempt my instructions again John, you have to do it exactly as I have written and see the things I said you would
Can you do it again and tell me exactly which step you are not able to do please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***

cookie115

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats your email, not for Team Viewer.
you need to do the instructions I gave please John, then you get a 9 digit id and password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i pad Recovery mode. "Ii tunes is restoring the soft ware on this i pad "

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok good, tell me when its finished but do not do anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

finished

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what does it now say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello !!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok if it says Hello, then set it up now, as it will be new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well it asks me the same question to activate iPad and then rejects my input !!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks like then on Apples Server it has been reported stolen John
Call 0844(###) ###-####and have the server checked and the entry removed, then you should be able to set it up.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they say all ok on server !!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you tell them it is forcing you to activate, as they need to clear this on the server.
Its the only way to get past it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'm still hanging on ..... !!!!! i'll tell them

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
tell then we reset the iPad via iTunes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still on the phone.........now they are trying to resolve ! have told them about our exchange

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

over three hours of frustration .Still nothing. They feel]l itneeds unlocking but they need proof of purchase which they will try and get

Unresolved as of now

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is an issue on their server and as I indicated it will have been reported stolen which is why they say they need proof of purchase.
Once you get that to them they can unlock it on the server.