Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I am not receiving everyones text messages on my iphone 6. I

I am not receiving everyones text messages on my iphone 6.
I have in settings; messages; have imessage on and SMS on.
I can see on my macbook the missing text messages when they come in from some friends, whilst I am working. But they will be missing in the text message thread on my iphone.
HELP.
MISSING IMPORTANT MESSAGES.
DAISY
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, switch iMessage off then on and see if this gets new messages.
To do this
go to Settings > Messages.
Switch off iMessage using the slider.
Then hold the home and power button on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.
Let the iPhone restart, turn on iMessage and get someone to send a message and it should now receive.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no not working.......

i think it is because an error occurs when i try and add my yahoo email address into imessage settings: you can be reached by imessage at....

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what was the error you got when you tried to add the yahoo address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it just said 'error`' and if you click on the word it gives you an option to remove this email address or resend validation email.

i clicked the latter and it says error again.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, on the iPhone go to Settings, Reset, Reset all settings.
Once done, then try to enter in your email address again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not know my passcode............to enable this.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
try 0000 or 1234
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

both failed........

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we have to reset the phone Daisy, without the passcode we cannot get around this.
This will delete all data and return the phone to new, but this cannot be avoided sorry.
To do this
Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."
Click Restore Phone, let this complete
Then setup the phone again and enable iMessage and it should then work.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am in.........re setting now!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it still will not verify my yahoo email address.

it will verify my husband gmail account; my icloud and me.com account just to test it this way and it worked.

but it will not verify my yahoo email address.

really frustrating.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It says error still when trying to verify the yahoo mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will then have to reset the phone Daisy
this is going to remove all data (contacts, photos ect) and return the phone to new, but this we cannot avoid sorry.
To do this, go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.
Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone and it should now work
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i will back it all up and do that. D

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daisy
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All backed up and erased and reset.

ok

Do I set up as new iphone

Restore from icloud back up????

D

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Setup as new phone please Daisy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok............verifying email address for my yahoo email address for the pst 5 mins.

D

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release and let the phone restart.
Then try to verify the address again
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no !! not working.

could it be something with yahoo..... ?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is, its now confirmed, and will be the email address.
Create a new one with Google here Daisy,
https://accounts.google.com/signup
Then you will have to use this email account for it, this will work.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But this does not solve the problem, as I want to keep my yahoo account.

Is this what your saying. Go from yahoo.....and set up a new gmail address going forward? As I would like to keep my yahoo email address that I have had for 20 years.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can keep the yahoo account, you just cant use it for this as its corrupted when interfacing with the iPhone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

opened gmail email account!

entered it into message..........will not verify.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Does it give the message error?
And can you confirm if it has internet please by opening a web page on it Daisy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it just says verifying.......

yes it has the internet up and working.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if following a reset and using multiple accounts it still gives this error, then it is a fault with the iPhone and will be with the internal memory. We have ruled everything else out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist