Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have upgraded to yosemite 10.10.4 and ever since I cannot

I have upgraded to yosemite 10.10.4 and ever since I cannot send photos from I Photo
there is no mail option on the menu when you press share
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
When you upgraded to Yosemite, iPhotos should have been replaced with the app Photos.
Can you double check your using photos or iPhotos please and tell me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

photos which I access on the bottom toolbar

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
Which email program are you using on the computer? EG: Outlook 2011? Apple Mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

outlook 2011 for mac

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Close Photos
In outlook go to Outlook>Preferences>General>Default applications
Make sure Outlook is set as default. Then open Photos and try again.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have checked and it is set as default

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian, then your suffering the bug that is still occurring in Photos. This is something Apple and Microsoft are aware of and are working on a fix on. The delay is the interaction between the two companies. It is only Outlook that suffers this and in the meantime you have to use this workaround
Open Photos and select the picture(s) that you want to send. Once they're selected, go to the Photos > File drop-down menu, then select the "Export" option. Use the first option: "Export n Photos..." (where "n" is the number of pictures selected for exporting. (Alternatively, you can use the indicated Shift+Command+E" keyboard shortcut to Export the selected pictures.
In the resulting window, select the options for the photos: Photo Kind selections are JPEG, TIFF or PNG. Then select the Quality options (Low, Medium, High, Maximum), and Size (Small, Medium, Large, Full Size, Custom).
These options can help limit the size of the resulting photo files you'll be attaching to your email message. Then pick the appropriate "Info' and "File Naming" options, and click the "Export" button. Decide where you want to export the file(s) to - I typically just use the Desktop as a temporary repository for the photos, but use whatever works best for you.
Now all you have to do is to open Outlook, create a new message, and attach your exported photos. Pretty simple solution and ensures the photos you're sharing are attached in an appropriate size and quality and as standard attachments rather than being embedded in the message body.
Hope that helps until the Outlook Mail extension issue is fixed which will be done in a future update, yet no date on this from Apple.
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist