Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I need to change my email password ***** am unable to do it.I

Customer Question

I need to change my email password ***** am unable to do it.I have opebed settings and got my IMAP Account Information but Authentifiication and password ***** hidden behind the keypad and I am unable to move it. What should I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What email service are you using: Gmail? Yahoo Mail? Hotmail? or others?

Are you using a web browser like Safari to do the changing of the password? Or are you using the Mail app?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yahoo mail. I find I am also unable to access my email on the desktop computer although I could this morning.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you using Safari to access your Yahoo Mail and change the password?

Also, can I remotely access your Mac so that I can directly assist you in fixing this problem while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using Google Chrome.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Do you want to proceed with the remote option?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not at the moment, i am talking to Sky.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I respect your decision regarding remote access. For me to better help you with this problem, can you capture a screen shot of the problem you describe and attach it here when you reply so that I can check where the problem lies?

Jess