Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPad has gone haywire. It won't turn off, and change as

My iPad has gone haywire. It won't turn off, and change as I require. Also tells me that it cannot connect with the internet. What must I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What have you tried so far ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not a Mac!

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I know your question is about iPad. Have you tried resetting and restoring the iPad ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How would I do that. It does not turn off.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
This usually happens if there is any issue with the firmware. First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
If that didn't work, then we can restore it using your computer.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It just comes up with Siri questions. Which exactly is the home button?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
The home button is the round button at the front and the Power button is the button at the top. You have to hold down both buttons at the same time for 10 seconds atleast to force reboot it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is that all lit needs? Why did it happen in the first place? Gave me bad dreams. Lol!

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is just a glitch in the firmware. I'm glad you got it worked :)
This is common with iPads and what we did is a soft reset. It just force rebooted all the hardware components just like a force reboot of PC.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.
Have a great day,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So you say it was just a glitch - what if it happens again?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it was a glitch. You can reset it if it happens again. This is common with all apple devices.