Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Ref my apple watch. When using Siri and I ask music

Ref my apple watch.
When using Siri and I ask for a music track,how do I know when the dictation has registered or do I have just got to be quiet until the track starts?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Every time you give the Apple watch a command, you will get instant feedback from the watch. For example, if you raise the watch and say, "Hey Siri, what time is it?". The watch will respond with the time.
To give commands to your Apple watch (Siri), you have two ways to do this. The first way is to hold down the button on the top right of the watch for a second or two and then give your command. The other option is to simply raise your wrist up and say, "Hey Siri". Then you can give the command to play a particular song.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,but When I ask Siri to play a track it can sometimes take up to a minute to kick in and play.
So,do I have to remain silent from the time I have completed the command until the track plays?
Yes, you must wait for it to locate the song and play it. The reason it may take longer than other times is because the device is searching for the song itself. As soon as it "finds" it on the device, it will play it.