Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have an Apple G5 desktop computer OSx 5.8, and am now

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Apple G5 desktop computer OSx 5.8, and am now looking for a A3-plus inkjet printer, such as a Canon ix6850. I have tried all the printers I can find online but all have the same problem (for me). None of them will work with my OSX 5.8!
Any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
There is no OSx 5.8 can you clarify? Do you mean 10.5.8?
This one has drivers for 10.5.8?http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_pro_series/pixma_pro9000#FeaturesThese too:http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_printers ___
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks I am checking with Canon now.

ok if you look under Drivers and Support for each one then choose your system it tells you if there is a driver or not.
you may be able to upgrade to 10.6 which will give you many more choices. Did you get one picked out?
If you can give me the serial number of your computer I can tel you if you can upgrade to 10.6. Go to the Apple Logo to About this Mac then More Info and you should see the serial number on the right.