Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How do I create a new photo album

How do I create a new photo album
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Are you using the Photos application or iPhoto application ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New Mac Book Air. Using photos as loaded with machine . Warning I am aged 70 and not a computer expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also need to know how to put titles on photos
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry. I will walk you through the steps and I will stay with you until you are completely satisfied. Open the Photos application. To add photos to your Photos application, just click and drag the photos from Finder to Photos app. Now you will see the photos in Photos. To create and add the photos to that album, select the photos you would like to add to the photos (hold down Command key and click on photos to select multiple photos at once), then click on the + icon in the top and select Album. Name your album and create it. This will add the photos to that album. To add the photos to your existing album, click on the Albums tab in the top bar.Then select All Photos in the top left corner. You will see your photos there. Select the photos, click on + button and click Albums. Select your albums and click OK. That will import the photos to that album. Follow the instructions in this article --> http://www.imore.com/photos-mac-os-x-organize-albums-folders If you have any difficulty on following any of the steps, please let me know by replying in here and I will continue to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got lost at first stage . Finder and Photos come up on separate screens so cannot see how one can drag anything . System is so completely different from Microsoft - problem that Apple currently not doing any basic workshops so I am really struggling ,
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
All you have to do is, select the photos in Finder. After selecting them, just click and drag and drop them to the Photos icon in the dock. Or just click on File menu and select Import. Then locate and select the photos.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm responding to your replies. Please don't open new questions. Instead please reply back to me in this question, then only it will reach me. Did you get my last reply ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no finder in photos . Finder does not refer to photos . We seem to be working off different machines!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No. We both have same machines. To import photos in to Photos, click on the File menu in the top left corner next to Apple icon and click Import. Now locate and select the photos you want to import and click Ok. Let me know the results please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Remember you have to do it from Photos. In Photos, click on File menu and select Import. Locate the file or folder you want to import and click Review for Import. Then it will be imported to Photos. Then you can create albums.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to Photos . Clicked Find in top lh corner . Another screen came up covering over part of photos which I wanted to use . This screen had a list at lh side with favourites at top and down to workgroups . Below that something going round in circles . Tried to click on a photo but nothing happened ....
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if you are following my instructions correctly. The above instructions are to import photos/pictures from your Mac to the PHOTOS application. If you don't have any photos imported to Photos application yet, then do the following. Open Photos application. In Photos application, click on File menu in the top left and select Import. A new window will open. Now you have to locate where the photos are saved in hard drive. Are they in Pictures or Documents folder or in Desktop ? If so, open the Pictures or documents folder or desktop, locate and select the folder that contains your photos and click Review for Import. Then import them. If you already see all your photos in Photos application, then you don't have to import again. You can go ahead and create albums and move them to albums. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I click the photos symbol it shows the photos imported from my camera (by the day). What I have been trying to do is select photos and put in titled albums . So I assume that I start with these photos showing . I can select. What is next step?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That is right ! Now you can create album and import them to your album. To create and add the photos to the album, select the photos you would like to add to the album (hold down Command key and click on photos to select multiple photos at once), then click on the + icon in the top and select Album. Name your album and create it. This will add the selected photos to that album. To add the photos to your existing album, click on the Albums tab in the top bar.Then select All Photos in the top left corner. You will see your photos there. Select the photos, click on + button and click Albums. Instead of creating new album, select your album from the list and click OK. That will import the photos to that album. Follow the instructions in this article -->http://www.imore.com/photos-mac-os-x-organize-albums-folders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Responses are very slow unfortunately . Presumably slow broadband
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my last instructions re creating album and importing photos it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes . Will try again and then respond
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Take your time. I will be here. Good luck :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik- Thanks for being so patient with me . Success . Have now created 2 albums . One query what is a smart album (saw it on list) and what is difference to albums? Can you also advise how I can download our conversation in case I have to refer to it again (memory not as sharp as it used to be ).Next question was how to title photos . I bought this computer to download and edit photos from my camera for a wildlife holiday I go on in September . I would like to label each photo as to what it was (e.g. Lion , eagle, plant ) as I used to do with my previous laptop. Hope you can help.- Richard
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
An album is the one created by you and you add photos to it yourself. A Smart album automatically adds photos to that albums that meet the criteria or attributes you set when you create it. Refer this article --> http://www.imore.com/how-use-smart-albums-photos-os-x To change the title of the photo, there are two ways. First is, just hover the mouse just under the thumbnail and the title will appear (normally it shows Untitled). Click it to change. Another way is, through Info window. Click "View" menu i.e View > Metadata > Titles. In the Info window, you can change the name
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Re title, See these pictures ; I st method --> https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-28624090-596192/Screen+Shot+2015-07-24+at+23.21.57+MESZ.png 2nd method --> https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-28624252-596193/Screen+Shot+2015-07-25+at+00.12.33+MESZ.png
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Difference between Album and Smart Album Album --> You add photos to the album manually Smart Album --> The photos imported to Photos will be automatically added to the Smart Album based on the criteria you set.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try -may be a break .
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sure :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AshikI am back . What I am after is like the first of the examples you referred me to . Just gave photos and not instructions . Tried your 2 methods. I have a pad,not a mouse, but tried to hover the arrow under the photo but to no effect . Then tried metadata method but although that has changed the full information it did not produce a caption under the photo . What am I doing wrong?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Select the photo first, then move mouse under it and does it show the name ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Do this also. Click on View menu > Metadata and turn on all options under that menu (Title, Keywork, Favorites etc)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik - opening up all options seems to have done the trick. Fingers crossed it will continue to work . Have also downloaded the email for future reference . Thanks again for your help.- Richard
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome Richard :) If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated. Have a great day,Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience: Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc