Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I possess Mac desktop with an 21 1/2 screen. Manufacture:

Customer Question

I possess Mac desktop with an 21 1/2 screen.
Manufacture: Mid 2014.
Processor: 3.06 GHZ
Memory: 16GB
When I seek to load Word after a pause in use the program takes 10 seconds to respond. Is their a procedure that I need to run through in order to speed things up a little?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Hello there! The best way to speed up your mac is to remove startup items ( programs that load when you log in) go to the Apple icon then System Preferences > Users & Groups. Once there, click your username, and then click on the Login Items tab. Remove any applications that you dont want starting up ( just make sure not to delete itunes helper)Also you can run disk utility to verify if you have any permissions issues. go to your apps folder then open the utilities folder once in the utilities folder click on disk utility then select your mac hd and click on repair permissions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Splendid result. Thank you so much.

No problem! Please remember to rate this response :D
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Check you hard drive's directory too as well as the Permissions: Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions.