Josh
Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

There. I have accidentally deleted all my sent items on

Hi there. I have accidentally deleted all my sent items on my iPhone but I don't have a trash or archive folder. Also they are not stored on the internet Clara version. Is there anyway to recover them? Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! It is likely that you are looking in the wrong location for the Deleted/Archive folder. On your iPhone.. Enter your mailboxClick on the name of the account in the upper left hand corner You will see an option for Mailboxes and everything listedUnder Accounts, click on the email again. It should show all of your folders which include the Deleted/Archive folder
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Thing is that that is not the case. I used to have sent items and trash under that account as well as inbox then suddenly sent and trash disappeared. Trent sent have gone into a new sent box but where are all the old sent?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I would suggest that you fill out the missing email form here: https://support.google.com/mail/contact/missingemails?vid=1-635764476866919669-2671058388
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Josh

Sorry for delay - I was away and had no wifi. I have contacted clara net and they have said that there is no way to recover deleted emails that were stored on my phone.

However, it has occurred to me that - at least up to a point - they will be on iTunes from the last time I did a synch....

so....how could I access those and either save them to a safe place or psych them back to my phone (but without losing all the new ones since the time of the last synch)?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean by "you contacted clara net" -- Was the issue with Gmail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi josh.no, it was my work email (not gmail), hosted by Clara net here in the UK. They said because my phone was set up as pop rather than IMAP, the emails were properly lost. What do you think about the iTunes idea? I'm not plugging in or doing anything until someone who knows what they're doing says it's a good idea and how to go about it, as it is my only hope. Thanks!
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You can try using the iTunes sync method but if you do go back in time, the new ones will be deleted; there isn't an option to go back in time AND keep the newer emails.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hmmm, I wondered about that. Is there no way to copy the emails from the last back up to another location (eg my MacBook?) thanks again
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
There are ways to save emails/send to another location from the backup but you will need to restore that backup in order to do it and that will get rid of the newer emails.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about if I restored the back up to an old iPhone 3, would that work?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Possibility -- I am not sure how well the backup will work with an iPhone 3 but it cannot hurt to try.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Will try and then come back to you with new question if it works about how to save them somewhere if that's ok. But happy to rate now... Thanks!
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Thank you in advance for the rating!