Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Im Kerry my ipad mini is frozen with enlarged image of front page. Ive tried forcing l

Hi Im Kerry
my ipad mini is frozen with enlarged image of front page. Ive tried forcing log off but no joy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you connect it to your computer please Kerry then open itunes on your computer.
Then press and hold the home and power button until iTunes says it has detected it in recovery mode, then cancel this, disconnect it and tell me if it then functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
followed instructions, screen now shows iTunes logo with arrow and lead diagram
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also box offering restore mode
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will have to restore it then, so connect it to iTunes and restore it and let me know if it then functions please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Ive selected restore ipad
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me know when it completes please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its still in recovery, iTunes is saying it is waiting for ipad
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thee iPad is connected to the computer correct?
And whats on the ipads screen now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ipad now showing apple logo on black background with a grey line under the logo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, disconnect the iPad and close iTunes.
Open iTunes, then hold ONLY the home button and then connect the iPad.
Wait and then perform the recovery
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't disconnected yet, the grey line is now turning white as if something is happening
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if it has now started turning, give it 5 minutes and see if the restore starts please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iTunes is saying verifying restore
should I still disconnect ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no, if its now running, leave it complete please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
aha ! the ipad is now wanting to be set up, 3 options; set up as new, restore from icloud or iTunes back up.
should I select the cloud option?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please, select iCloud
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ipad is saying
settings have been restored
connect to power to save battery while apps and media are downloading.
Shall I shut iTunes down now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please, then tell me if the iPad is functioning normally again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive set new passcode as ipad asked
now app icons on homescreen appear to be restoring/loading
Should I disconnect from computer and connect to power ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes you can, its good to go now, you just complete the setup and start using it.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard