Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

My Ipod Nano will not be regonised by ITunes when I connect

My Ipod Nano will not be regonised by ITunes when I connect to sync
I have uninstalled Itunes and now have the latest version. Still the same message:
An Ipod has been detected but it could not be identified correctly. please disconnect and reconnect the Ipod (which I have done)
If the problem persists, uninstall iTunes then re install (which I have done)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What version of windows or mac are you using? Have you tried a different cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cable seems to be OK when connected to the charger or car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using Windows 10
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You would still need to try another cable as it can still work for charging even if the data portion has failed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have the one cable so I will need to purchase a new one asap
Do you think this will resolve the issue?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Before that please try updating the built in driver using these steps:
http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows
After that if the same thing happens then yes you would need to try a new cable so we can rule it out.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried a new cable and also updated the driver.
Still no success and the Ipod being rejected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried a new cable and also updated the driver.
Still no success
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did it give the same error or a different one? Does the error have a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same message
I can see the IPod in devices and printers just ITunes cannot identify
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize but I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you disconnect the iPod from the computer then hold the power and home buttons until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let it restart then try to connect it to the computer.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that and still the same
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you try a different USB port on the computer please and let me know if the same error appears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that also on three different ports
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To make sure it is not an issue with the iPod, if you connect it to another computer do you still get the message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have another computer to test on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The IPod plays the current library
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I see you uninstalled iTunes, but more is needed then this. You need to uninstall in this order1) iTunes2) Apple Software Update3) Apple Mobile Device Support4) Bonjour5) Apple Application Support Then you restart your computer and install iTunes then connect the iPod and tell me if it then connects please.
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well done success
Will now rate