Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have an ipad mini. After sending some photos in an email

I have an ipad mini. After sending some photos in an email it froze. I go into emails but nothing comes up and after a few minutes it goes to the home screen. The ipad still pings when an email arrives but I cannot get into it. I am retrieving emails via my apple laptop.
I looked online and see I can delete the email and then re load it but I am a bit worried I will delete the entire email address, Hotmail. Could you please advise me. Ipad is backed up.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No you wont delete the entire email address, thats not possible via this app.,
Delete the account on the iPad, re-add it and let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still not happy. Should I of used Exchange rather than Outlook whichnit was before?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Still not happy meaning you added the account again but still have the problem?And you cannot use Exchange unless your connecting to an exchange server.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes still not doing anything and it says I have six emails

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you hold the home and power button on the iPad down for 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.Let the iPAd restart and tell me if you still have the issue please.Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still nothing.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, lets do this step by step as removing the account would have fixed this...Can you go to Settings, Mail, press on your mail account and press Delete account.Tell me when you have please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dont panic. It suddenly came back while I was waiting for reply. All working well. Thank you very much, excellent!

Jan

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ah ok, took some time for the restart we did to apply.Good it is now functioning.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you