Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I have just had an iMac. I have dropbox where all

Hello, I have just had an iMac. I have dropbox where all my old files are stored I've download app. I can see all my files but I can't get them to open? Help please. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! There are 2 reasons why the file would not download. One is the name of the file ( if it is long and has special characters) the other is the linking is not set correctly. 1)click on the Dropbox icon on the menu bar at the top of the screen.2) Select 'Preferences'.3) Click the Account tab and then the 'Unlink' button.4) Afterward, Dropbox will open a registration screen. Click 'Existing user'. Sign in to the Dropbox website.Click your name at the top-right of any page to open the account menu.Select Settings from the account menu.Select the Security tab. Click here for a shortcut.In the Devices section, click the X for the computer you want to unlink.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi really sorry about delay but got visitor from Australia and time got short. I managed to download file and open it but couldn't edit it really haven't had time to work at it. Do you just want me to finish your comment as I'm not going to get back to working on problem till next week. Really sorry. Don't want you to be out of pocket.
No worries just rate this reply and I can keep the question open longer