Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My IPhone 6 has been disabled! I tried to log on using my touch

Customer Question

My IPhone 6 has been disabled! I tried to log on using my touch ID but, unfortunately with a wet thumb it failed to recognise my thumb print. It is now asking for my passcode to enable the touch ID to be activated. In changing to the touch ID I have clearly changed the passcode but cannot recall now what that is ! please help.
Frances
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! We can get your iphone working but we will need a mac or pc to do this.Follow the steps below Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.Turn off the device.Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are presentRestore with itunes as a new device.Once restore is done sign in using your iCLoud account info to your iphone.