Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an EK-GC200 Samsung camera that I just can't download

Customer Question

I have an EK-GC200 Samsung camera that I just can't download the photos from on to my mac book. Ideally I would like to do this wirelessly. Any help would be very much appreciated
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
That is an Android based camera. So you can use Samsung Kies application to download photos and videos from the Camera to your Mac. Download and install Kies from this website --> http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/
Open Kies and connect your camera with the USB cable and it will recognize it. Select the device in the left column, click Photos and you will be able to download photos.
You can also use Image Capture application of your Mac to download photos from your camera to your Mac via USB.
Open Image Capture from Applications folder. Connect your camera to your Mac with the USB cable. You will see a USB connected notification option on your camera. Swipe from the top and this will bring notification area. Tap the USB connected message and tap Camera. Your Mac will recognize the camera and allow you to download photos now.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.
Bluetooth and WiFi will be slow. If you use USB, your Mac will easily recognize it and photos and videos can be downloaded within a few seconds/minutes.
Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience: Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rashik
How do at transfer I transfer a lot of pictures in one go? Is there a select all option somewhere?
Also the ones I have downloaded are on my computer as downloads and I would like them to be in "photos" on my Mac. Is there a way to put them directly into photos application on my Mac, I have been dragging and dropping them and this will take a long time. I have over a thousand photos on the internal and external bits of camera, is the internal bit the "sd/memory card? Thank you in anticipation. Sarah
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sarah, In the download screen, you can select multiple photos by holding down Command or Shift while selecting. Or press Command A and this will select them all at once. Then you can download them to drag them all to a folder in Finder or desktop. Once they are downloaded, select them all again by pressing Command A and then drag them to the Photos icon in the dock. Or Just click and drag the entire downloaded photos folder to the Photos icon in the dock and they will import to it. The internal and external memory are different. The external memory is called SD card and internal memory is called device storage. If you want to import them directly to Photos app, there is a way. Open Photos app. Then connect your camera to your Mac with the USB cable. You will see a USB connected notification option on your camera. Swipe from the top and this will bring notification area. Tap the USB connected message and tap Camera and doesn't iPhoto recognize it ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you want to import them directly to Photos app, there is a way. Open Photos app. Then connect your camera to your Mac with the USB cable. You will see a USB connected notification option on your camera. Swipe from the top and this will bring notification area. Tap the USB connected message and tap Camera and doesn't PHOTOS* app recognize it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik
I am just leaving to go abroad for the weekend. I will try with the things you suggested when I get back on Monday or Tuesday. If I can't manage it I will take you up on your offer. Thank youso much for your help. Sarah
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome Sarah. I will here if you need my help. Have a great trip :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik
I have managed now to download a file from my camera and it is in the Photo application on my macbook. In the folder there are 74 photos. I need to get them to my friend early tomorrow morning as we are doing a photo book for our friends 50th birthday. I wondered if there is way I can put them on a memory stick? I have a USB adapter for my macbook as this is how I connected my camera. What is the best way to transfer the pictures quickly?
Kind regards Sarah
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, sorry for the delay. Yes, you can put them to a memory stick. Create a folder on desktop and name it something like "To Send". Open Photos. Select all the photos you would like to send, click and drag them to the folder you've created on desktop. This will copy the photos to that folder. Then copy that folder to the memory card which you should see in Finder or desktop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this method work with new MacBook that doesn't have a USB slot and I have to use the adapter to use a USB/memory stick?Sarah
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes Sarah, it will work. Newer Macbooks have USB C port. So all you need is an USB C to USB 2.0/3.0 Adapter which you probably already have to connect the memory card adapter to your Mac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic, I will give this a go shortly­čĹŹ­čĆ╗. Yes I do have an adapter.Sarah­čśâ
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can also send the photos through cloud services like www.dropbox.com All you have to do is, upload the photos folder from Desktop to the Dropbox folder and share the folder link to your friend and he/she will be able to download them to their computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik, I managed successfully to put the photos on a memory stick this morning. It was problematic trying to put photos on iCloud Photo Sharing and took a long term.
Do you think Dropbox is a better photo sharing method.Many thanks
Sarah
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Yes, Dropbox is is better than iCloud photo sharing. Give that a try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik
A lot of my photos are now on my Mac from my camera. The ones that aren't on are photos that I created folders for on my camera. How do I transfer a complete folder to my Mac? Is there a way to do a whole folder not one by one? I want to use the kies software method, actually don't mind just the quickest and easiest way.Also how do I delete photos on my camera when I am sure they are all on my Mac? Is there a way to check they are all on my Mac and none are omitted or duplicated?Kind regards ***** ***** youSarah
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sarah, Use Image Capture application from Applications folder. It is the best method to download photos from your camera. Image capture also allow you to delete them from your camera after downloading to your Mac. See here --> https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17894?locale=en_US or here --> http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/download-photos-with-image-capture-in-mountain-lio.html " Is there a way to check they are all on my Mac and none are omitted or duplicated?" There is no easy way to do this. You have to manually look through the photos to identify ommitted or duplicates ones. Note : To download use Image Capture, make sure you put the USB Connected mode on your camera to "Camera or PTP"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik, I am using Image Capture and have only managed to get camera to show up in devices once. I have definitely put USB connected mode on camera, it just won't show up. Any tips?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What about iPhoto or Photos app ? Does it recognize your camera ? Have you tried restarting both your camera and Mac ?