Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have messed up my email and have lost the bar at the top

I have messed up my email and have lost the bar at the top showing eg new message
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.? (Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac... to check.)

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

What is the name of the application you use for email, such as Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

I live in France and my email address is:***@******.***

What is the name of the application you use for email, such as Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.? i.e., what icon do you open when you want to use email?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to talk by telephone, can you give me a telephone number to ring please.

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to talk by telephone, can you give me a telephone number to ring .

Please can you tell me if I have signed up for a free trial, thank you.

That is optional. This is a one-time support session per your request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a telephone number, to call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no I cannot allow you to access my computer, I need a telephone number to ring so I can get your advice verbally.

I do live online support. We have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website below:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the troubleshooting steps for you while you are watching.

Otherwise, I can provide written instructions. Is that okay?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I think written may be ok through this question/answer page, but telephone would be preferred.

The size of the email has become much smaller, and the information bar across the top eg when I need to write a new email there is nothing to click onto etc.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mail is the name in the dock along the base

I tried to change the colour of my emails because the black was low and the whole thing went haywire. A friend has helped and it now prints black, however there is no visible instruction for eg new mail. Very sorry I have the feeling that the answer is simple very frustrating.

Don't worry, I will help with you until the issue is resolved.

In your email, can you click on the View menu at the top, then click on the option Show Toolbar (and/or check any other tooblar / option there.)

Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have clicked on the view menu at the top , and there is no show toolbar option, but there is an always show bookmarks bar which I have clicked

You need to click on the Mail stamp icon in the Dock along the base first, then click on View menu, then check. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have seen two options : hide toolbar or customise toolbar,

what should I click on in the selection of options which has come up in the customise toolbar option.

After clicking on the Customize Toolbar option, then click and hold the toolbar (default toolbar) that you want, and drag it to the place where it shows previously, then release. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to do it but it won't stay, also there is no attach option showing, it would be so much easier to speak by phone.

I'm sorry, can I connect remotely to your computer and check while you are watching?
It would be a lot easier if I can show you directly on your computer's screen while you are watching. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I got it mostly but there is no attach option shown in the customise window, the toolbar is back again, thank goodness, can you tell me how to put the attach button onto the toolbar please

You're welcome. Do you mean the attach icon for sending attachments? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, I need the attach icon with text back as well.

I have just now authorised Paypal to pay for a month's questions to help with any problems with my mac. Thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome. So right now, you can send email, but you cannot send attachments right?

When writing an email message (i.e., click on the option to create/write or reply), then click on the View menu at the top, then check toolbar option and/or any other option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you it works again, much obliged!

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-itstuff/