Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  4 yrs of Hardware & Software Troubleshoot exp
18133961

My 2013 Macbook air destroyed. Removed the hard drive model

Customer Question

My 2013 Macbook air destroyed. Removed the hard drive model no MZ-JPU128T/0A2. Bought a new Macbook air.
How to read the removed hard drive.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Hi Welcome to Justanswer Can you please explain the question little more ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my macbook air was wrecked. No power. I removed the hard drive. I now need to be able to read the data on the old hard drive on my new macbook air. What else would you like me to tell you?
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay . This is 128 GB PCIe SSD drive You need below adaprter to get it connected to USB port http://www.amazon.co.uk/computers/dp/B00DTQFOI0 Regards ,Satchi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried one of these and the connection port is too small. Sorry. As I clicked the Amazon link it informed me I'd already bought one. I need one with a larger port that's partly why I mentioned the model number!
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
can you please send one pix of the SSD or exact part number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will take a pix with my phone where do I mail it to?
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Here you can attach
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the pictures. where exactly do I attach?
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Is it like this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Exactly same model number as I originally mentioned.
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Ok You need below adapter http://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Macbook-Air-11-13-x/dp/B00SZL2FOA/ref=pd_cp_147_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MGPX7H0F4169HEMFMM0 Here you need to insert the SSD to the slot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'t be delivered for over a month. Lets hope it works.
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will work . Please don't forget to rate the answer by clicking on smiley icons below the chat window ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I’ll respond if the solution work.
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Hi ,Welcome to Justanswer It will be better and quick if I can access your computer remotely to fix the problem ..for that please follow the below steps Please open the below link URL in browser http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=20a64e1a-9e6b-40f8-a0de-bbeb180d0ce2and then click on I agree button .After that click on Download link to download a file and run it
Expert:  Satchi replied 2 years ago.
Sorry ignore the last reply ..