Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When installing ios9 on my wife's 16G ipad2 the screen has

When installing ios9 on my wife's 16G ipad2 the screen has locked and shows a iTunes logo with an arrow below it with a symbol for the power lead below that. There is no response from the iPad with the lead connected or not. I have tried a reset but it just returns to the same screen. This has now been over 24 hrs and still the same.
It appears that the download did not install correctly and has frozen
Can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. The firmware/software of your iPad has been corrupted during the update. Your only option is force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to recovery mode, which will erase everything from it. But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to recovery mode. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds or until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.Click Restore or Restore and Update button. Note : Put it to recovery mode while connected to computer and also in recovery mode your iPad will show USB cable pointing to iTunes logo. And it will take a while to restore it. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have downloaded the iTunes to my computer,connected the iPad which is seen. I have gone to restore and get the massages that it is retrieving data but after a few minutes I get the following message
There is a problem downloading the software for the iPad"iPad". The network connection timed out
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Temporarily disable your AntiVirus and Firewall software until you restore it. They can cause issues with iTunes. Then try again please. If you have another computer there, try to restore from it. Let me know the results please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
And what is the model number of the iPad 2 ? You can find the model number on the back of the iPad in small print.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
The network timed out error indicates that iTunes can't communicate with Apple's servers. If you have another computer there, please try to restore it from it. Or disable the AntiVirus and Firewall of your computer and attempt to restore. Also what is the exact model number of your iPad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think the restore has no worked after disabling the firewall
I am now setting up the iPad
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
If you are setting up the iPad then the restore was probably worked. Your iPad usually won't boot into that setup screen of it wasn't restored.
Are you able to setup it successfully ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, just checking. How is it going ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We appear to be able to set up OK at the moment. Very many thanks for you help
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
I'm very glad to hear that. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Then only I will get credit for helping you. Have a great day,Ashik