Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Can blind and sight impaired people get help online?

Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If your able to interface with your computer in any way then yes you can get help.
How would you like me to help you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply. I am making inquiries for my brother who is blind. He lives in Rockhampton, Australia, but there is no help for blind users. He has an Apple Mac with the Voiceover facility, and is quite adept at using the laptop for writing, but there's no one to ask if he experiences problems of any kind. Accessing the internet for instance is very difficult because of pop ups and adverts etc. I would like to know if there's anywhere online that specifically caters for problems encountered by blind users? Many thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We do here, and do not have ads ect. We support people on all ranges of Mac and other problems.So as long as he is able to use the computer, ie with the voiceover then we will be able to help him here, there would be no issue with this.We can even call him if needed when fixing a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** very helpful. Would I be able to register him with your site or does he have to do it himself?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Best he does this himself as then replies go to his email address.
I would recommend this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help Richard. I will recommend this site to him.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome
Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember to rate my service