Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I have my apple ID***@******.*** this address

I have my apple ID***@******.*** this address is no longer in use and I want to change it to***@******.*** but I am getting nowhere it
Keeps asking me to sign into the first address and I have no idea now what my password ***** ***** and am getting nowhere. Can you help me solve this problem it would be appreciated
I have 2 other e-mails***@******.*** and***@******.*** I use my ID on three pieces of equipment 2 I Phones and 1 I Pad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Just to clarify, when you power off and reboot the iPhone, does it show up the same login prompt this time? If so, are you able to cancel that prompt (after doing a reboot)? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
You are getting these repeated prompts because some (or all) of your phone's apps were installed using the old ID itself. To work around this issue, you will need to delete these apps, and then sign in to your new ID and re-install the apps once again. Alternatively, we may carry out a factory restore of the iPhone itself. Do keep me posted. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but how do I change from the old ID to my new one for it to be recognised ???
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
OK; now, on the iPhone, please tap Settings > iTunes and App Store. Tap on the old ID listed, and then tap "Sign out". Next, sign in to your new ID on the same screen. Does this work for you? Do let me know. Thank you.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
Also, since you are looking to start over with the new ID on the iPhone, I'd suggest carrying out a factory reset of the iPhone itself. If you have iCloud set up for the new ID, your data, e.g. contacts, calendars, etc., will be ported over automatically when you set up the new ID after the factory reset. Do let me know what you think, please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my photos be there as well or should I save to computer ??
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
It will be a good idea to save the photos (and other stuff) to your system first, just in case they are not already backed up by iCloud. Just to clarify, were you able to sign out and sign back in to your new ID, as directed earlier? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am positive the new ID was accepted etc. it's just that I can't get rid of that box can't do anything with the other apps because of it reoccurring so repeatedly.
Will see what happens tomorrow when I have more time and will get back to you. Thanks again
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. It's great that you were able to get the ID changed, so we don't need to carry out a factory reset itself. Now, you just need to tap and HOLD down an app, and tap 'X' to delete it - do this for all other apps you are getting the old ID prompt with. Finally, you may just reinstall the apps from the App Store (using the new ID itself.) This should get rid of the recurring prompts as well. If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to RATE my service by clicking on (and submit) a star rating at the top of this page. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bother you again but that problem is not solved. I have put the unit I Phone 4 back to factory settings. But when I start the phone up. I get the usual ( hello) country , wi fi then it asks me for my apple I D but it still asks for the old one bwith the result I get a message saying that it is locked for security reasons. I DON'T HAVE THE PASSWORD ***** THAT OLD E-MAIL ADDRESS. the new apple I D has been accepted on my other I Phone ( no problem. How do I get round my problem as the phone is at the moment useless.
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
I'll forward your question to our other experts now; please do not rate until your issue has been resolved. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you ***** said when phone is powered up I get to apple I D if I put the new one in with the correct password ***** does not accept and if I put the old one in the password ***** ***** issue. And it says it is locked I only want to get the phone back to factory setting s and start again with new I D
Hope this can be acceived
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.
No issues; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 1 year ago.
Hello there! Please follow the steps below to resolve your iPhone issue. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.Turn off the device.Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are presentRestore with itunes as a new device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Should I have I tunes on or not ??
Yes we will need itunes to be opened on your mac or pc computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all that you have said and the phone has reset but when starting it says that the apple I D is the old one and that is locked on that as I don't have any idea to what the password ***** ***** and the e-mail address which I would have to use for a renewal of password ***** ***** nil & void as I lost that address when I changed from tiscali to BT
Try this log in with your apple id on your computer under "manage you apple id"copy the link below and select manage id.https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/109/wa/directToSignIn ?wosid=kJfXByJtbbWm6x946TXx4w&localang=en_US. When your logged in click at "edit" after "Apple ID and primary email address". Change your email address .When you have changed your email address you will receive a confirmation email to the your new email address, click on the link "confirm now" in the email. After this step, log out from your account and then log in again to make sure that i works. Next step is to go to www.icloud.com, and try your new account there as well, if it works you can log out.If everything works this far it's a good sign. . After this step enter your apple id och password ***** your iphone and see if it works.
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Although l appreciate you help on this subject. I was not able to get the phone operational again
Phoned apple and they fixed it no problem
Thank you again for your help but as I said it did not go anywhere to solving the problem