Josh
Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have an iPad which I bought from Covent Garden Store about

I have an iPad which I bought from Covent Garden Store about 5 years ago and everything was fine until yesterday when I was offered an upgrade of software and I said yes. It asked me to put in 4 digit password. Now whole thing has locked with just a blue screen . Should I take it back to Covent Garden?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME button together until you see the Apple icon appear. After the restart, please try using the iPad again. Here is a link to the buttons: http://images.iskysoft.com/images/topic-cms/ios-device/force-reboot-ipad.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have picked up my iPad from Nexus and have done reboot but after Apple sign appears it just says slide to upgrade. I dont want same problem with freezing . Should I do slide? No other option.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did get apple sign. The iPad started to do" Hello" in different languages in the "upgrade" but is again frozen.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Is the iPad still frozen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Josh you did not help me to solve the iPad freezing and I resent having to pay 26£ on PayPal and would like that stopped.

The problem was resolved admittedly after about 4 phone calls to Apple Support. In the process I had to instal iTunes and also lost photos and games apps on iPad.

Can you ensure I dont have to pay your company. They said you would reply in 20 mins then it went down to 6 seconds and stuck at that just like the iPad. I think the time I could work on iPad was when you were asleep!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry for any confusion but we do not advertise a response within 6 seconds; it would be impossible to achieve that reply time. I will send a message to customer service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The message gave a time of 30mins then gradually ran down to 6 secs then just stuck there. After an hour or so I decided to get help elsewhere ie Apple Support and they needed to give me a lot of time on the phone and we eventually sorted it out using cable and this computer and lots of talking through. They have not charged me, but maybe I should await telephone bill with dread.

I do not want to waste your time but I do not want to [ay £26 on Paypal and I dont need a monthly direct debit please.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I have messaged customer service. Thank you