Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I dropped my Ipad and the screen is now blank. When I try to

Customer Question

I dropped my Ipad and the screen is now blank. When I try to restore the ITunes asks for the passcode to be typed into the I pad but of course I cannot do this because the screen is blank. Is there any hope for restoring this ipad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Try to restore it this way
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and see if it now works
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BUT ITunes cannot action the restore until my passcode is typed into the ipoad. As I said in my question, this is not possible because the ipad screen is blank and therefore I have no way of typing this code in.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, but the procedure I can override this Janet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I now have a message saying I need a different ITunes download because the one I have is not compatible with my ipad

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** are compatible, it means it cannot access the memory on the iPad. This was damaged when you dropped it Janet.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the iPad, this you cannot repair, its suffered A major hardware failure
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

your most welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know

And please remember the service rating of me via either the stars at the top or one of the smiley faces please Janet