Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have an ipad2 and i pressed the button upgrade

Customer Question

I have an ipad2 and i pressed the button for latest upgrade a few days ago and since then the screen is dead with a plug in to itunes sign.
HELP PLEASE
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please make sure you have the iTunes program installed on a computer, then open the iTunes program on the computer, then connect the iPad to the computer with the USB cable in order to restore / fix the iPad through the iTunes program on the computer.Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Thank you. First, besides the iPad, do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7 I believe
Are you there?
Thank you; I'm here; I was waiting for your response about your computer. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3c622d06-ad08-4456-ace3-90caacacaf90, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
I have fixed / restored the iPad via remote support. It should be working now. But if there is any issue, please click on the View Answer link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email in order to get back to me at this web page.
If there is still any issue, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My problem has not been fully rectifiedI would like to continue with Viet who was helping me earlier
Sorry, I was waiting for you, but you were away for a long time. What is showing on the iPad now? What is it asking now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** gets to the page "Find my IPAD" On that page it gives no way of getting off of that page!
Does it give any option? Press and hold both buttons Home and Power for at least 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then check. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now reloading frm ituens
itunes
OK, please wait, then let me know what happens. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has finished synching to itunes but the ipad has gone to "connection to itunes" with the image as per the start of all this
I'm sorry. It is really strange; let me connect remotely to your computer and troubleshoot again okay? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes pleaseHowever I will not be at my desk from 9.00 am until mid afternoon, UK time
Are you available now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes briefly

Don't connect iPad to computer. DO NOT select option "Restore from iTunes", but select the option "Set up as new iPad", and continue.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.