Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have received an email apple support saying that someone

I have received an email apple support saying that someone in Russia has been trying to hack in. Can i email you this for you to confirm?
Richard Booth ***********
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. There is no need to confirm. That is indeed a SCAM and it's been around for a few years. Even I've been getting that kind of messages for many years. Yes, the message does look like official one but it is not. You can safely ignore it. Apple will never send that message to anyone. Don't reply to that message and you can put it to Junk/Spam folder. Your Mac is not hacked. Do all regular software updates from Apple and you should be safe. And never install anything from untrusted sources from internet even if you see messages like your Mac has virus, damaged etc If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.